Some of us have garbage disposal, if you do then try this ,I found it in a web site for home tips .
To clean your disposal,try this , it has a fresh smell without being overwhelming.
Sink garbage disposals are a wonderful modern invention, but they inevitably breed foul odors from within.
The retail cleaners are expensive for their job, and the effect never seems to last very long. Here’s what you need:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup baking soda
Heat lemon juice in microwave for 30 seconds. Add baking soda slowly (it will bubble) and mix well.
Turn on the disposal and pour down the drain. Turn on hot water for a few seconds to
rinse away any mix remaining in the sink or the bowl. Use weekly. If disposal still has a bad odor, repeat.
This article originally appeared on POPSUGAR
The next time you’re enjoying an orange, hold onto the peels for this easy cleaning DIY.
When your sink is wafting a bit of an unsavory smell, you can quickly clean it with the help of that orange rind and some rosemary.
Vinegar naturally cleans your disposal. The little Eco-cleaners basically cost nothing to make and put the rinds of your oranges, lemons, or limes to good use.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup citrus rinds
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried rosemary
- Ice cube tray
- Chop the citrus rinds along with the rosemary into a rough dice. You can use lemon, orange, or lime rinds for this DIY.
- Citrus peels are filled with natural antibacterial oils and also smell amazing. Rosemary is also naturally antibacterial and anti fungal,
- making it a smart addition to this DIY. You can use fresh or dried, whichever you have on hand.
- Sprinkle the ice cube tray with the mixture, evenly distributing the peels and rosemary.
- Now fill with the vinegar, which is also a natural cleaner that refreshes dark and damp spaces.
- Place in the freezer until the cubes are frozen solid.
- Pop the cubes out of the tray, and place them in a glass jar or bowl in your freezer.
- The next time your garbage disposal isn’t smelling so great, toss one down the drain,
- turn on your disposal with water running, and enjoy the fresh scent! Extra bonus?
- The frozen cube also sharpens your disposal’s blades.