Copy past blocker is powered by http://jaspreetchahal.org
Pineapple upside-down cake
/ on /
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or pineapple juice
- 1 small can pineapple slices, drained
- 1 cup garbanzo/fava bean flour or sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free margarine or 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soft silken tofu
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.I
- n 10-inch cast iron skillet sprayed with cooking spray, combine sugar and water.
- Bring to simmer over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Cook for another minutes, gently swirling pan if sugar is coloring unevenly. Remove from heat.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Mixture will firm slightly as it cools.
- Arrange pineapple evenly in caramel. Set aside.
- Sift together flours, xanthan gum, ,baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In food processor or with electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter (at room temperature), vanilla extract, tofu and lemon peel.
- Process or beat on high until completely smooth and glossy.
- Add boiling water and process until completely mixed.
- Add flour mixture and process until smooth.
- Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula, if necessary. Spoon batter gently over pineapple in skillet.
- Bake about 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges with a knife. To invert cake onto a serving plate, place plate top down over skillet.
- Wearing oven mitts on both hands, hold plate and skillet together and flip so plate is on bottom and skillet is on top.
- Remove skillet.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Makes 12 servings.