Now that summer has officially arrived, the time has come to bust out the sunscreen as studies have shown time and again that sunscreen is
highly effective at preventing the onset of skin cancer, melanoma, and most signs of skin aging.
But what are some tips and tricks that you can keep in mind before you step out of your house? Here are some useful guidelines:
- Choose a sunscreen that you like. Probably the most common reason why people fail to put on sunscreen is because they
- don’t have any drive to. In other words, they don’t have a compelling-enough reason to. If your reason for not putting on sunscreen
- is because it’s too greasy, the scent is a little too strong for your taste, or some other similar reason, ditch your current sunscreen and
- move on to one that you actually like putting on. To ensure that this happens, take your time in choosing and make sure that
- you are on board with the consistency, scent, etc.
- Look out for these non-negotiable factors. What are the qualities that you should be on the lookout for when it comes to a superior sunscreen?
- First off, look for the words ‘broad spectrum’. This should be a non-negotiable as you conduct your search. What does broad spectrum mean? Broad
- spectrum means that the sunscreen is strong enough to keep you protected from both UVA and UVB rays. It’s also ideal not to choose an SPF that is any
- lower than SPF 30. Lastly, be on the lookout for a sunscreen that is water resistant to ensure that your protection remains no matter what elements you are exposed to.
- Opt for the proper consistency. In the world of sunscreen products, you can choose from creams, gels, sticks and sprays. How do you determine what the ideal
- choice is? If your skin is on the dry side, you might want to opt for cream based sunscreens. On the other hand, gels are an excellent option for hairier body part
- is like the scalp or chest (for men). Lastly, you can sunscreen sticks around the eyes.