Healthy home made baby wipes…amazing..
Grandma Susan says in her childhood days her mom used to make her own baby wipes or all kind of wipes
Today she will teach us how to make natural baby wipes and healthy but in her childhood they used
reusable ones . Just cut up old receiving blankets and t-shirts into 8×8 squares. fold them into old
wipes containers and pour the same mixture (down) onto them or spray on each wipe with a spray bottle before using.
You can use it as make up remover also…or to wipe the counter top in your kitchen …
- 1 roll of Bounty paper towels
- One old wipes containers or plastic box
- 1 3/4 cups boiled water (or distilled)-cooled but still warm –
- 1 Tablespoon of pure aloe vera gel oil –
- 1 Tablespoon of pure witch hazel extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Liquid Castille Soap (I use Dr. Bronner’s)
- 10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract or 2 capsules of Vitamin E (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive or Almond Oil (optional)
- Essential oils of your choice (optional- I use 6 drops each of orange and lavender
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half using a sharp knife
- If using a plastic shoe box or old wipe container, accordion fold the wipes into the container.
- If using a Rubbermaid #6 container (I highly recommend), place the wipes, cut side down in container.
- In bowl or quart size jar mix the water, aloe, witch hazel, castille soap, GSE/Vitamin E and oil and stir.
- Add essential oils if desired and stir.
- Pour over paper towels in container and let absorb- this takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Flip the container over to make sure wipes are well soaked.
- If using Rubbermaid container, pull the cardboard roll out from the inside This should also pull the innermost
- wipe out and start them for you. Depending on the brand of paper towels you use, you might have to experiment with the amount of water to get the right amount.
- Note: If your child has extremely sensitive skin, you may need to leave out the essential oils or use calendula or chamomile.