Copy past blocker is powered by http://jaspreetchahal.org
Apple Pie Inside An Apple
/ on /
- 4 large apples
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling or you can use the inside of an apple by mixing it with some lemon juice cinnamon and sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14.1 ounce) package Pillsbury rolled pie crust (use just 1 of the 2 crusts in the box)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the inside of the apple. I used a knife and a spoon to hollow out the apple.
- In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon. Spoon the filling into the well of each apple.
- Unroll one pie crust and cut it into fourths; one for each apple. Then cut each quarter into 1/4-inch strips.
- Lay strips of the dough on top of the apple. Then take one new strip at a time and alternate weaving it
- over and under the pie strips already in place. Repeat until the top of the apple has been covered.
- Trim excess pie crust around the edges with a knife.
- Place apples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4-inch of water. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust if golden brown. Remove from baking dish and enjoy.